TSAKONIAN TRADITIONAL BREAKFAST
- Whole grain bread and traditional rusk.
- Olive paste, vinegar olives with oregano and extra virgin olive oil of our own production through traditional farming process.
- Fresh boiled egg, local gruyere cheese and sun-dry tomatoes.
- Τhyme honey and fresh butter.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Local “spoon” sweets (olive or quince or grape)
- Coffee or milk or mountain tea.
TSAKONIAN BREAKFAST the secret of longevity and wellness!
Ancient Greeks used olive oil to heal wounds, and to treat insomnia, nausea and serious diseases.
They also used olive oil to moisture and soften their skin, and they put it in their hair to make it healthy and shiny. The Greek poet Homer refers to olive oil as “gold liquid”. It is a great source of nutritional elements for humans.
Scientists confirm the above facts and consider olive oil to be not only the ideal food, but also medicine for several diseases.
- Is an ally against osteoporosis and it slows down the cells’ skewing that leads to ageing.
- Decreases the levels of bad cholesterol, increases the levels of good cholesterol and protects against thromboses in order to prevent cardiac and brain diseases.
- Helps to avoid the development of several types of cancer, especially breast cancer
- Has great beneficial impact to the cure of diabetes
- Protects and supports the reproductive system; it is considered to be an aphrodisiac food
The Tsakonian breakfast consists mainly of olive oil and olives as basic ingredients that are produced through traditional procedures and are a treasury for future generations! Tsakonian breakfast cost is 5€ per person (per night).
Our property offers also Standard breakfast on 2.5€ per person (per night) which contains:
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Coffee or milk or tea
- Bread, butter, jam or toast (cheese/ham)